Monday, September 19, 2011

The grass isn't always greener

well we are 5 weeks into the new school year and I have found out the hard way that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  So far, not only have we had ridiculous rules set for us regarding lesson plans ect.  but I also have a borderline stalker parent.  She sends a letter, email, some form of communication everyday.  A three page letter that she wants me to respond to before the end of the day.  At his point I am done having any interaction with her child.  I am also done responding to her ridiculous letters.  I am back at the same point I was in previous years, get me the heck outta here!!!!!!  It really sucks to know I need to keep this job simply for the insurance.

Not to mention the more I think here lately I realize I am more and more like my father.  I really don't like dealing with other people.  I like to do what I want to do when I want to do it.  I visited my dad's cabin in Lobelville, TN last weekend and fell in love.  I loved being out in the middle of nowhere.  the idea of being able to just disappear into the woods all day is so appealing.  If i want to sit on the roof all day and look over the mountain I can.  I'm sure I would eventually get bored and my mom says I would never make bc there is no where to shop.  But what people don't understand is I am completely comfortable in my faded holy blue jeans and old navy tank tops.  Give me a book, itunes, and mtv and I will be fine.  As much as I think I would love this I then think this is another grass greener on the other side idea.  while Im working a job I still don't like and running around like a chicken with my head cut off I cant help but think ohhhh the country life seems sooo appealing.  But then I think I ll be bored I might get lonely, although I don't see anyone when Im here anyway, and there is no kroger to go to!!  So who knows for the moment I can't stop imagining what it would be like to slow down and live the country life but for now I guess I will just go and visit on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment